The EZ DETECT™ Stool Blood Test is the most advanced home test available to detect hidden blood in the stool, one of the primary early warning signals of many health problems. EZ DETECT™ is designed to detect blood in the stool that can be caused by bleeding ulcers, hemorrhoids, polyps, colitis, diverticulitis, fissures or cancer of the colon.
EZ DETECT™ is a simple, sanitary, fast home test requiring no stool handling. The user simply drops a test tissue into the toilet bowl, and if blood is present, a blue-green color will appear within two minutes. The test detects small quantities (2.0mg hemoglobin/100 ml water) of occult (hidden) blood in the stool.
How the Test Works
The EZ DETECT™ fecal occult blood test kit consists of a biodegradable tissue-paper-film coated with a chromogenic dye (TMB) and peroxide. The film is in the shape of a cross on the test tissue.
Colorectal disorders such as cancer, cause blood to be present on the outside of the stool from irritated polyps that have formed in the colon. This blood disperses onto the surface of the toilet water. The heme portion of hemoglobin, present in blood, oxidizes the tetramethylbenzidine that is on the test strip and causes a blue/green color change
Features of EZ DETECT™
Tests for the following bowel troubles:
- Convenient, Sanitary – Easy throw-in-the-bowl test. No messy handling of stool.
- Quick, simple to use – Just drop a test pad in the toilet after a bowel movement. See the results of the test in just 2 minutes. Repeat the test with the next two bowel movements.
- Easy-to-read results – Test area of pad will turn blue/green if blood is detected.
- Reliable and Accurate – FDA approved. Clinically proven. Used by hospitals and physicians worldwide.
- No dietary restrictions – Not affected by rare meat or vitamin C.
- Does not require lab processing.
Each test kit is for one user. The kit contains:
A foil pouch containing five test tissues;
One Positive Control package;
One patient instruction sheet ;
One test result post card for mailing results to a doctor or lab